Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Best of 2006


Okay, those of you who have listened to the show for a long time realize that I gave up year-end countdowns and wrap-ups and similar gimmicks many years ago. I do like to spend the last few shows of a year spotlighting some of the high points of the year though, and so I'm going to do some mini-reviews of some of the best new stuff received at the station in 2006.

There are two caveats to this. The first is that I only include CD's rreceived by CFRC-FM. Edguy, Blind Guardian, Eidolon and Dream Theater are among the great bands who released CD's this year--their absence in this year end summary is simply because they (or rather their record companies) didn't send us a copy. Please don't read anything more into it than that.

The second caveat is that I'm working mostly from memory here--and I have a crappy memory. So I'm going to forget something. Guaranteed. I apologize in advance for this and do not intend any slight.

No comments: