Thursday, January 18, 2007

Playlist for January 13

As mentioned, part of the show was pre-empted for Hockey this week. Still, I was quite happy with some of the music I managed to get on:)

Led Zeppelin..............Since I've Been Loving You
Scorpions.................Sails of Charon
Scorpions.................The Zoo
Iron Maiden...............Stranger in a Strange Land
Triumph...................Stranger in a Strange Land
Fates Warning.............The Strand
Lee Aaron.................Sex With Love
TYR.......................Wings of Time
Kamelot...................Black Halo
Kamelot...................Soul Society
Kamelot...................The Edge of Paradise
Dream Evil.................Fire! Battle! In Metal!
Hammerfall................The Fire Burns Forever
To Mera...................Blood
HIM.......................Vampire Heart
Lacuna Coil...............Heaven's a Lie
Evergrey..................The Dark I Walk You Through
Martyr....................Havoc

I managed to slip in 3 bands I'd never played before: TYR, Dream Evil, and To Mera. All three were very impressive, although TYR probably made the biggest impression with their power metal/folk combo (much like the sadly departed Mithotyn).

It was the first time I've played the Scorpions original version of "Sails of Charon". What an amazing song! As good as Testament's cover is, it's not a patch on the original!

No comments: