Sunday, May 13, 2007

Apologies

There's been a large--too large--gap in updates, for which I apologize. There are two major reasons for this.

The first is that I had more surgery (planned this time) for a biopsy of two lymph nodes in my throat. Thankfully I turned up cancer and tuberculosis free, but I was diagnosed with sarcoid, which is a medical way of saying a non-specific attack on the immune system causing swollen lymph nodes. Although I was just off for a week, it took longer to heal, and was very painful.

The second is that my wife and I too a belated honeymoon and drove down to Texas. We had a great trip, which I've been talking about on the show. It took 5 days to drive down (we detoured to spend a day in Washington D.C.), we spent another 4 days staying with my mother-in-law, and then 4 days to drive back. We stopped off to see Cincinnati Metal God Wheezer, who kindly took us out to dinner (thanks again, Wheeze!)

With the exception of getting caught between two tornadoes in Texas (my first time-talk about brown-trousers time!) and encountering an insufferable bitch at the border, our trip was a resounding success.

Back at the station, a whole truckload of new releases came in while I was gone, so expect new reviews on the blog over the next few weeks.

No comments: