Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Playlist for May 12, 2007

It's been a joy doing the show since I got back from my trip. I'm rested, summer's finally here, and there's been scads of new material for me to pick and choose from (and by new I mean both new releases and classic material recently acquired). The two hours seem to fly by--makes me long for the old days when Tapping the Ether was 6 hours long!

AC/DC.........................Heatseeker
Ozzy Osbourne...........I Just Want You
Rush.............................Driven
Rush.............................Speed of Love
Marillion.......................Beautiful
Def Leppard.................Rock On
Saxon............................Red Star Falling
Saxon............................I Need To Rock
Pagan's Mind................Search For Life
Thought Chamber........Sacred Treasure
Redemption...................Suffocating Silence
Redemption...................Bleeding Me Dry
Triumph.........................Rock Out, Roll On
Slavior............................Shelter
Megadeth.......................Play For Blood
Megadeth.......................A Tout La Monde
Eidolon...........................Day of Infamy
Wrathchild America.....Time
Voivod.............................The Nile Song
Paradise Lost..................Small Town Boy

As you can see, it was a fairly proggy start to the show. It was nice to have some new Saxon to play--I'm sad to say that the band has been woefully underrepresented on Tapping the Ether over the years. What I've heard of their newest album is very impressive though. I also played not one, but two bands with connections to Fates Warning: Redemption (FW vocalist Ray Alder, ex-guitarist Bernie Versailles), and Slavior (former FW drummer Mark Zonder, who once played with Redemption as well).

No comments: